Uluwatu: what you need to know
Once you’ve been to Uluwatu, you want to stay! Laid-back yet upcoming, surrounded by dramatic clifftops, gorgeous white sand beaches and amazing surfing waves, Uluwatu is a surfers paradise , that is for sure but it is also a wonderful holiday destination for families , romantic couples, beach lovers and yogis . Uluwatu is home to paradise-like beaches such as Dreamland, Padang Padang, Binging, Nyang Nyang, Melasti and many more. There are magnificent hilltop and beach villas, cool hipster cafes, restaurants, cliff bars and beach clubs and it could well be Bali’s next best tourist destination. Get there now before everyone else goes, we would say!
Uluwatu: Quick facts
- Uluwatu is located in Bali’s Bukit Peninsula in the southern tip of the island
- The beaches are stunning and they’ve got killer surfing waves – it’s a surfers heaven!!
- Uluwatu is home to Bali’s most epic cliff top villas
- The Uluwatu Temple is one of the most important sea temples on the island, protecting Bali from evil sea spirits
- There is a monkey forest at the Uluwatu Temple
- You get to see mind-blowing sunsets
Things to do in and around Uluwatu
- Snorkelling at Padang Padang Beach
- Low tide walk from Balangan to Dreamland
- Play golf at the gorgeous clifftop New Kuta Golf
- See what’s going on at GWK Cultural Park
- Get enchanting when going to see the traditional Kecak Dance at the Uluwatu Temple
- Go paragliding at Nyang Nyang Beach
- Have a picnic at Tegal Wangi Beach or relax in the natural jacuzzi
- Head over to nearby Jimbaran Bay for a seafood dinner under the stars
- Cocktails at Omnia Day Club, El Kabron and Single Fin
Shopping in Uluwatu
Uluwatu is not really a shopping destination. However, you can buy some beautiful beach sarongs and more souvenirs from local vendors. You can also drive down to Bali Collection in Nusa Dua – probably the most high-end shopping mall in all of Bali and or can drive to Seminyak just a 40-minute drive away from Uluwatu.
Family holiday in Uluwatu
Plunge in the private swimming pool in your clifftop garden, go explore all of the beaches around, have fun at Sunday’s Beach Club, meet the local monkeys at the Uluwatu Temple and introduce the kids to the enchanting Balinese culture when taking them to see the traditional Kecak Dance (Starts at sunset time at Pura Uluwatu). Uluwatu is great for families with kids! You can also drive to nearby Nusa Dua to take the kids to Nusa Dua Theatre and see the famous Devdan Show (also known as the Balinese Cirque du Soleil) and you can visit The Pirates Bay Bali, a dream-come-true playground for kids any age. Do note, not of the beaches are safe for swimming in this area. The waves can be very high. Padang Padang is a good swimming beach for families with kids!
Where to stay in Uluwatu
Want to stay up in the hills to get the best sea views from your hillside garden and clifftop bedroom ? Do you want to stay near the beach so you can stroll down there with the kids or your surfboard? We’ve got gorgeous villas everywhere! Near Bingin Beach, close to GWK Cultural Park or on the other side at Pandawa beach and Green bowl Beach. High-end luxury retreats, boutique island homes, clifftop holiday havens – we can cater for all of your villa wishes.